Warning An error occurred while sending the newsletters, please go Newsletters →

29 Mar 2023 09:28 #2218 by paulblackburn

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hi,
    Joomla 4 PHP8 BwOostman version 4.1.3.
    I tried to send out a newsletter after successfully testing it. It seems that part way through the sending of the newsletter an error occured and the same newsletter is in the sent and unsent lists. I got the error: An error occurred while sending the newsletters, please go Newsletters → Queue and revise the entries! I have no idea what the error is and can't correct it. How can I find out what has happened?
    Also, somehow all the HTML seems to have been lost.
    Regards
    Paul
    PS I've now upgraded to bersion 4.1.4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Mar 2023 09:40 #2219 by Romana

• Thank you received: 86
  • Hi Paul,

what do You mean with

Also, somehow all the HTML seems to have been lost

Do they not appear at the queue? Could it be, that the HTML mails are send, while text mails are not sent? What is the number of the subscribers of the uses mailing list(s) and what is the number of the entries at the queue?

Could it be, that You are not allowed to send more than x mails per y time?

What happens, if You reset the sending trials at the queue and send anew?

Hth
    Romana

Problem gelöst? Dann bitte auf gelöst klicken. Über ein Danke freue ich mich immer.
    Problem solved? Please click to solved.I am glad to every thank you.

29 Mar 2023 10:25 #2220 by paulblackburn

• Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Mar 2023 10:33 #2221 by paulblackburn

• I can't see how many have been sent and how many are still queued the system doesn't appear to show this.
    When I say some of the HTML seems to have been lost I meant that the formatting and pictures in the HTML newsletter have disappeared.
    If you look at the attached - 'before' shows the HTML newsletter that was sent and 'after' shows the HTML version of the newsletter as it is now on the site.
    Attachments:

29 Mar 2023 11:09 #2222 by Romana

• Thank you received: 86
  • Hello Paul,

You are right, You can't see, how many emails are sent retrospectively. Bun You can see the queue at the back end at newsletters list view and how many entries are in the queue, if there are any. If no, the tab is not visible. You read the manual ?

Your problem with the HTML I can't see. The first image shows Your real newsletter, I would say it is a screenshot of the sent newsletter or of the front end display. The second one is a screenshot of the edit screen at the back end. You can't compare these both. Your description

'after' shows the HTML version of the newsletter as it is now on the site.

cannot meet that what is shown at the image. The image shows an editor, therefore it can't be the HTML version of the same newsletter. The same newsletter cannot be modified by content, it does not appear at the unsent newsletters but at the sent newsletters. The unsent newsletter tab is the only one, where You can edit a newsletter.

Please read the manual

Hth
    Romana

Problem gelöst? Dann bitte auf gelöst klicken. Über ein Danke freue ich mich immer.
    Problem solved? Please click to solved.I am glad to every thank you.

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds